"Epidural Abscess" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Circumscribed collections of suppurative material occurring in the spinal or intracranial EPIDURAL SPACE. The majority of epidural abscesses occur in the spinal canal and are associated with OSTEOMYELITIS of a vertebral body; ANALGESIA, EPIDURAL; and other conditions. Clinical manifestations include local and radicular pain, weakness, sensory loss, URINARY INCONTINENCE, and FECAL INCONTINENCE. Cranial epidural abscesses are usually associated with OSTEOMYELITIS of a cranial bone, SINUSITIS, or OTITIS MEDIA. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p710 and pp1240-1; J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1998 Aug;65(2):209-12)
- Epidural Abscess
- Abscess, Extradural
- Extradural Abscess
- Abscess, Epidural
Cranial Epidural Abscess
- Cranial Epidural Abscess
- Abscess, Cranial Epidural
- Epidural Abscess, Cranial
- Epidural Abscess, Intracranial
- Abscess, Intracranial Epidural
- Intracranial Epidural Abscess
- Intracranial Extradural Abscess
- Abscess, Intracranial Extradural
- Abscesses, Intracranial Extradural
- Extradural Abscess, Intracranial
- Extradural Abscesses, Intracranial
- Intracranial Extradural Abscesses
- Cranial Extradural Abscess
- Abscess, Cranial Extradural
Epidural Abscess, Spinal
- Epidural Abscess, Spinal
- Abscess, Spinal Epidural
- Spinal Epidural Abscess
- Spinal Extradural Abscess
- Abscess, Spinal Extradural
- Extradural Abscess, Spinal
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Epidural Abscess".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Epidural Abscess".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Epidural Abscess" by people in this website by year, and whether "Epidural Abscess" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.