"Albinism" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
General term for a number of inherited defects of amino acid metabolism in which there is a deficiency or absence of pigment in the eyes, skin, or hair.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Albinism".
- Diseases [C]
- Eye Diseases [C11]
- Eye Diseases, Hereditary [C11.270]
- Albinism [C11.270.040]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Eye Diseases, Hereditary [C16.320.290]
- Albinism [C16.320.290.040]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Amino Acid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.100]
- Albinism [C16.320.565.100.102]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C16.320.850]
- Albinism [C16.320.850.080]
- Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases [C17]
- Skin Diseases [C17.800]
- Pigmentation Disorders [C17.800.621]
- Hypopigmentation [C17.800.621.440]
- Albinism [C17.800.621.440.102]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C17.800.827]
- Albinism [C17.800.827.080]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Amino Acid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.100]
- Albinism [C18.452.648.100.102]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Albinism".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Albinism" by people in this website by year, and whether "Albinism" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Albinism" by people in Profiles.