Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
"Pelvic Inflammatory Disease" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A spectrum of inflammation involving the female upper genital tract and the supporting tissues. It is usually caused by an ascending infection of organisms from the endocervix. Infection may be confined to the uterus (ENDOMETRITIS), the FALLOPIAN TUBES; (SALPINGITIS); the ovaries (OOPHORITIS), the supporting ligaments (PARAMETRITIS), or may involve several of the above uterine appendages. Such inflammation can lead to functional impairment and infertility.
|Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Disease, Pelvic Inflammatory
- Diseases, Pelvic Inflammatory
- Inflammatory Diseases, Pelvic
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases
- Pelvic Disease, Inflammatory
- Inflammatory Disease, Pelvic
- Inflammatory Pelvic Disease
- Disease, Inflammatory Pelvic
- Diseases, Inflammatory Pelvic
- Inflammatory Pelvic Diseases
- Pelvic Diseases, Inflammatory
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease" by people in this website by year, and whether "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease" by people in Profiles.