"Guillain-Barre Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acute inflammatory autoimmune neuritis caused by T cell- mediated cellular immune response directed towards peripheral myelin. Demyelination occurs in peripheral nerves and nerve roots. The process is often preceded by a viral or bacterial infection, surgery, immunization, lymphoma, or exposure to toxins. Common clinical manifestations include progressive weakness, loss of sensation, and loss of deep tendon reflexes. Weakness of respiratory muscles and autonomic dysfunction may occur. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1312-1314)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Syndrome, Guillain-Barre
- Acute Inflammatory Polyneuropathy
- Acute Inflammatory Polyneuropathies
- Inflammatory Polyneuropathies, Acute
- Inflammatory Polyneuropathy, Acute
- Polyneuropathies, Acute Inflammatory
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Familial
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Guillaine-Barre Syndrome
- Guillaine Barre Syndrome
- Syndrome, Guillaine-Barre
- Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy, Acute
- Inflammatory Polyneuropathy Acute
- Acute, Inflammatory Polyneuropathy
- Inflammatory Polyneuropathy Acutes
- Polyneuropathy Acute, Inflammatory
- Landry-Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Landry Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Syndrome, Landry-Guillain-Barre
- Polyneuropathy, Acute Inflammatory
- Polyneuropathy, Inflammatory Demyelinating, Acute
- Polyradiculoneuropathy, Acute Inflammatory
- Polyradiculoneuropathy, Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating
- Acute Autoimmune Neuropathy
- Acute Autoimmune Neuropathies
- Autoimmune Neuropathies, Acute
- Autoimmune Neuropathy, Acute
- Neuropathies, Acute Autoimmune
- Neuropathy, Acute Autoimmune
- Acute Infectious Polyneuritis
- Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
- Acute Inflammatory Polyradiculoneuropathy
- Acute Inflammatory Polyradiculoneuropathies
- Inflammatory Polyradiculoneuropathies, Acute
- Polyradiculoneuropathies, Acute Inflammatory
- Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy, Acute Inflammatory
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Guillain-Barre Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Guillain-Barre Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Guillain-Barre Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Guillain-Barre Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Guillain-Barre Syndrome" by people in Profiles.