"Piebaldism" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Autosomal dominant, congenital disorder characterized by localized hypomelanosis of the skin and hair. The most familiar feature is a white forelock presenting in 80 to 90 percent of the patients. The underlying defect is possibly related to the differentiation and migration of melanoblasts, as well as to defective development of the neural crest (neurocristopathy). Piebaldism may be closely related to WAARDENBURG SYNDROME.
- Piebald Trait
- Albinism, Cutaneous
- Cutaneous Albinism
- Albinism, Partial
- Partial Albinism
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Piebaldism".
- Diseases [C]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Eye Diseases, Hereditary [C16.320.290]
- Albinism [C16.320.290.040]
- Piebaldism [C16.320.290.040.600]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Amino Acid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.100]
- Albinism [C16.320.565.100.102]
- Piebaldism [C16.320.5184.108.40.2060]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C16.320.850]
- Albinism [C16.320.850.080]
- Piebaldism [C16.320.850.080.600]
- Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases [C17]
- Skin Diseases [C17.800]
- Pigmentation Disorders [C17.800.621]
- Hypopigmentation [C17.800.621.440]
- Albinism [C17.800.621.440.102]
- Piebaldism [C17.800.621.440.102.600]
- Skin Diseases, Genetic [C17.800.827]
- Albinism [C17.800.827.080]
- Piebaldism [C17.800.827.080.600]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Amino Acid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.100]
- Albinism [C18.452.648.100.102]
- Piebaldism [C18.452.6220.127.116.110]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Piebaldism".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Piebaldism" by people in this website by year, and whether "Piebaldism" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.